HMD Global is the Finnish company responsible for the Nokia brand at the moment. The company recently announced that all devices eligible for the upgrade have been upgraded to Android 12. The next focus of the team’s work is the Android 13 upgrade. Nokia Mobile has confirmed that some mobile phones will get the Android 13 update.
- Nokia XR20 5G
- Nokia G50 5G
- Nokia G11 Plus
- Nokia X20 5G
- Nokia X10 5G
According to Nokia, the above mobiles will be the first to get the Android 13 update. Also, in the Google Android Enterprise listing, all five Nokia phones will get the new Android 13. Android 13 is on the list of supported operating systems for Nokia XR20 5G, Nokia G50 5G, Nokia G11 Plus, Nokia X20 5G and Nokia X10 5G. However, although the latest mobile phones like Nokia X30 5G and Nokia G60 5G are listed on AER, they do not show support for Android 13.
These five devices are aimed at enterprise customers. For consumers, the only one confirmed to have started beta testing Android 13 is the Nokia X20 5G.
Nokia Bell launches the Industrial Metaverse Club
Metaverse is the new technology trend in the industry. Unlike other technologies of the past, Metaverse has the biggest brands working on it. The likes of Meta, Apple, Samsung, and others run Metaverse devices. Nokia, like the others, is also working on Metaverse tech. The company recently established the Nokia Bell Industrial Metaverse Club. The club will discuss corporate planning and experiment with digital innovation. The Nokia Bell Industrial Metaverse Club is a collaboration between Nokia Bell and other partners. The likes of the Finnish Chamber of Commerce, Finland Chamber of Commerce Shanghai, ABB, Kone, Haier, etc. are also part of the partnership.
Nokia Bell says it will slowly expand its regular telecom service into an enterprise-class network solution. Nokia says it will create an open partner ecosystem. With this, digital solutions for enterprise end users will be integrated. Nokia Bell also shows the progress of its 5G network work on site. This includes a Rapid plug-and-play deployment, minimal cloud operation and maintenance. The Metaverse Industrial Lab also offers many ideas. This includes the NDAC Automated Digital Cloud platform, AR/VR industrial applications running on MXIE edge computing, and NTC cluster application.
News of the week Gizchina
Nokia Bell explained 6G research and key technologies
In addition to the Metaverse, Nokia is one of the major players in the advancement of a new communications network. In 5G, Nokia is one of the major players alongside Huawei and Ericsson. Now, the company is already working on the 6G network. The 2022 Global 6G Development Conference has begun. The conference focuses on the 6G vision. The theme of the event is “Drawing the Vision Together and Working Together”. Nokia Bell Labs delivered a keynote on “6G, Looking to the Future”.
The talk focuses on the main direction of 6G as it connects the real world with the digital world. Obviously, 6G will be a good boost for the metaverse era in the future. First of all, 6G will be a huge boost for the metaverse era in the future. You will support metaverse applications that focus on interconnection technology. In fact, the core of 6G lies in two main areas. How to enhance humans and how to better control the physical world around us through good integration between the physical and digital worlds. In order to help the future metaverse era, 6G has set some standards in terms of technical design principles.
The standard includes
- Sustainability: This looks at the power you consume per bit. There will be a need to enhance energy efficiency. Also, carbon emissions should be kept to a minimum.
- Digital Inclusion: 6G needs to ensure full coverage. To achieve this, there will be a need to integrate terrestrial, air, space and even water communication systems. This is to ensure that 6G signals reach every part of the Earth.
- Security and privacy: This aspect is very relevant to the new 6G systems. There are many areas for this aspect. There will be a large number of devices connected to the network. It will have a wider application of artificial intelligence technology. It will also have multiple interfaces open. All of these aspects leave the system open to data interception. The existence of many hybrid clouds, open source and equipment from different vendors will lead to potential security risks.
6G network layers
Looking at the 6G network architecture, we can discuss the future 6G system in terms of High knowledge, automation, specialization and customization. We can look at the network in three layers:
- The first layer is the infrastructure layer. The idea of activating various network functions on cloud platforms will continue to grow.
- The second layer is the network function layer. According to different standards of application scenarios, different network capabilities are provided to meet the KPI requirements of different applications.
- The third layer is the applications layer. There are risks with data transmission and processing. However, a new network will later take over all of these.
Nokia claims it will solve the issues with 6G using six key technology directions. It will use spectrum technology, AI air interface technology, Synarsthesia integration technology and extreme network To ensure network security and reliability. Nokia invites the industry to conduct more research on the 7~20GHz gold frequency band.