Mastodon is an open source microblogging site similar to Discord, which is a social media platform. Learn how to download and create an account on iPhone and Android Smartphone.
Mastodon latest update: Tweets and toots currently coexist in the social media space. While Elon Musk celebrates an ever-larger number of active users on Twitter, many users who are inundated with the current Twitter chaos are looking for an alternative to Larry Bird. Among all the other options, Mastodon is one that has received widespread attention.
Mastodon is an open source microblogging site similar to Discord, which is a social media platform. In dedicated community servers, Mastodon platform provides a decentralized, ad-free space for people to share their ideas. It is possible to join, create servers, post “toots” (instead of tweets), follow other people and organizations, favorite (like) and boost (retweet) other people’s posts. It is said to be simpler and safer than other social media platforms.
But what exactly are the servers, and how do you set up your new Mastodon account? Let’s go through the Mastodon profile creation process step by step.
Learn how to create an account on Mastodon
On both Android and iOS, the process of creating an account is very simple. Simply enter your username, email address and password, and check the box to agree to the Terms of Service and Server Rules.
- Download Mastodon from Play Store or App Store.
- Open the application and click on the “Get Started” option to create your new account.
- The Mastodon app will display some of the available platform servers. You can choose which servers you want to start with. The servers are based on a wide range of people’s interests, including general news and other topics.
- After selecting the servers, click on the Next option.
- It will show you some basic rules of the platform. Read it carefully and then click on the next option.
- Enter your profile details such as display name, Mastodon username, email and profile password.
- Now click on the next option.
- Mastodon will send the verification link to the mentioned/specified email id. Check your email and click that.
- It may take a few moments for the platform to send the link. Check your spam folder too; Sometimes the verification email ends there.
- You will be directed to the Mastodon homepage once your email has been verified. You can now read posts from people on your chosen servers.
What is FEDIVERSE?
Mastodon uses a collection of thousands of social networks running on servers around the world that are linked to the popular Mastodon technology, on a platform known as “Fediverse”. For the sake of words, Mastodon is a Fediverse- connecting different servers that users can choose, create, or even leave. You can connect to multiple servers and switch between states at any time. Most Mastodon servers accept registration and will only require an email address and password to connect.
$(document).ready(function() $('#commentbtn').on("click",function() (function(d, s, id) var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s); if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1&appId=178196885542208"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); (document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
$(".cmntbox").toggle(); ); );